What: UCCS kicks off Homecoming 2016 Oct. 13, with activities for students, alumni and the community continuing through Oct. 15.
UCCS clubs will decorate the campus sidewalk spine during Chalk the Walk on Thursday, which will be followed that evening by the annual lighting of the UCCS letters.
On Oct. 1, students will march together to the UCCS athletics fields for tailgating and men and women’s soccer games. After the games, there will be a bonfire and other activities.
The third annual Trek the Trail 5K Run/Walk happens on campus Oct. 15 to raise money for scholarships for the UCCS Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Who: UCCS campus community, students, alumni, faculty and staff
When: Oct. 13-Oct. 15
Where: UCCS campus, see below for details
Thursday, Oct. 13:
- Chalk the Walk | 11:00 a.m. | sidewalk near El Pomar Plaza at Kraemer Family Library
- U-C-C-S letter lighting and Homecoming kickoff | 7:30 p.m. | El Pomar Plaza
Friday, Oct. 14:
- The March | 3:00 p.m. | Alpine Field Entrance
- Tailgate | 3:30 p.m. | ROTC Turf Field (Surrounded by ROTC modular buildings off of Eagle Rock Road)
- Men’s Soccer Game | 5:00 p.m. | Mountain Lion Stadium
- Women’s Soccer Game | 7:30 p.m. | Mountain Lion Stadium
- Bonfire | 9:45 p.m. | Parking Lot 572
Saturday, Oct. 15:
- Trek the Trail 5K Run/Walk, 9 a.m. race start, Parking Lot 580 near North Nevada Avenue and North Campus Heights
Campus map: http://map.uccs.edu